Nuance Healthcare Solutions
The Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 technology offered by Nuance Healthcare has been chosen by more than 200,000 physicians worldwide to document clinical records and dictate correspondences, making it the most widely used speech recognition solution for physicians. Several EMR and EHR manufacturers are starting to incorporate this technology into their applications to streamline the process of capturing patient notes and reduce transcription costs.
In this time of options and mobility, Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 software allows users to capture important client data in a number of ways. Mobile users can choose from a variety of digital voice recorders offered by Philips® and Olympus® while static users can choose from a variety of handheld USB microphones.
The most common device suggested by the Nuance Healthcare division is the Nuance PowerMic II for obvious reasons. The Nuance PowerMic II is a programmable USB microphone designed specifically and exclusively for Dragon Medical software.
Clinicians prefer this type of programmable USB microphone, as they can be customized to automate several features within Dragon Medical software. Whether you’re trying to launch your favorite template, insert your signature macro, navigate to the next field within your document or have the document automatically saved to your shared network drive, the programmable options on the Nuance PowerMic II will speed up the process with a simple push of a button.
The Most Powerful Speech Recognition Solution in the Industry
Dragon Medical technology is the industry’s fastest, most powerful front-end, “capture anywhere” speech recognition solution in the history of the industry.
- Physicians report 99% dictation accuracy right out of the box.
- It has the largest list of medical vocabularies – 90 – in the industry. You’ll never had to add a medical term to Dragon – they’re all there – diagnoses, prescriptions, procedures
- New Microphone app enables your iPhone™ or Android™ to be used via a remote connection
- New Dragon Box allows users to discover and remember many commands and tips; at any time, it lets you glance at or explore global commands, application-specific commands, and custom created commands, as well as tips.
- Hidden Mode creates a transparent dictation box that lets you dictate at the same time you’re looking at lab results, images or flow sheets and eliminates the need to click back and forth between screens
- Now enter frequently dictated text and images with a single voice command
- Reduce the time you spend documenting care by 30 minutes or more per day
- Protect sensitive and confidential speech files with encrypted network file storage
- Software automatically adapts to your hardware and sets up the recommended configuration to optimize performance
- Software automatically determines subpar audio input connection and proposes advice on how to solve the problem
- More precise recognition reduces the time spent on dictation and allows clinicians to see more patients and subsequently increase practice revenue and profitability