Changes in SpeechExec 10.1 & 10.2
Here’s a brief overview of some of the new features and support added in the latest two updates of the Philips® SpeechExec 10 dictation software (for Windows®). If you need more information about how to configure these new features, or would like to purchase SpeechExec 10, please click the button below.
SpeechExec Pro vs SpeechExec
Please note that these updates relate to Dragon® speech recognition (and other SpeechExec-Pro-only features). The major exception is that standard SpeechExec editions also gain SpeechMike Premium Air support.
How to Get the Updates
Open up SpeechExec 10 and go to Settings > General Settings > Updates > SpeechExec. Click on the blue “Check Now” link on the right.
SpeechExec Pro 10.1
This update is really about important 3rd party software and new OEM hardware. Here’s what SpeechExec Pro 10.1 now supports:
- In case you missed it, Philips released their new wireless handheld microphone, the SpeechMike Premium Air.
- Dragon Professional and Legal 15 Group can now pair with SpeechExec Pro 10.1 and higher.
- While Outlook® 2016 was cleared for use in SpeechExec Pro 8.7 SR1, Philips has officially added it to the “supported” list.
In addition, when you activate SpeechExec 10.1 (after installation), you will see how many activations you have left on your license.
SpeechExec Pro 10.2
This update is all about SpeechLive, which is Philips’ cloud dictation and transcription service. In version 8.5, they added several different features related to the Dragon dictation software. All of the updates below are configured in either the Philips Voice Recorder smartphone app, SpeechExec Pro 10.2, or both.
- You can send your dictations directly to the Dragon speech recognition queue (via SpeechLive) using your smartphone app. This is can be configured for all dictations, or you can choose which ones.
- If you speak multiple languages, you may be able to run dictations through speech recognition in each of them. See below for more details.
- You have access to multiple workflows, including speech recognition, correction, adaptation, and even having finished documents sent to your phone or email.
- Dragon speech recognition can transcribe your files into configurable document templates (via SpeechLive delivery).
Dragon vs Dragon SDK
With regard to Dragon Individual/Group 15, you may run into some issues with the audio source if you don’t have SpeechExec Pro with the SDK. You should be able to use this workaround to fix the issue.
Additionally, you will only be able to use speech recognition for the languages that Dragon supports. While the SDK has access to English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch, and Italian, a separate Dragon installation normally only has one language available.