Dragon Medical Practice Edition Activations Update
With Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 now over a year old, Nuance is implementing a new policy related to Dragon Medical activation increase requests.
Effective immediately, the CES and Dragon Medical Technical Support team will not increase the activation count for discontinued versions of Dragon Medical. Customers who need additional activations for discontinued versions of Dragon Medical are encouraged to:
- Migrate to Dragon Medical One (Loyalty pricing discount in effect).
- Upgrade to Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 (upgrade option for DMPE2 customers only).
- Purchase a new license of Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 (for customers with older versions of DM).
- Recapture existing activations from previous installations of Dragon Medical not in use.
Managing Licenses Best Practices:
- A customer with four licensed speakers will have 16 activations spread out over four serial numbers. While it may be complicated, it is important to keep track of which serial number is associated with each workstation.
- Before a workstation is taken out of service, use Add/Remove Programs (Windows 7) or Apps & features (Windows 10) to Uninstall Practice Edition. This is the only way to release an activation.
For your reference, click here to view a copy of the Dragon Medical Practice Edition End User License Agreement. Also, please see the Grant of License section from the EULA below:
- Grant of License
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Nuance grants Licensee
a non-exclusive license to use the Software subject to the following:
(a) Software. Licensee may allow a single employee or contractor, for
each Authorized User License purchased, to use the Software on a Device, in a
manner commensurate with its intended use and solely for Licensee’s internal
business purposes. Pursuant to such right, you are authorized to install one
copy of the Software for each Authorized User License purchased on a maximum
of four (4) Devices, for use solely by the Authorized Users.
A separate Authorized User License must be purchased for each user whose User
Profile(s) is/are being used by the Software. An Authorized User is permitted
to create and use multiple User Profiles under a single Authorized User
Licensee may authorize a third party to use the Software in connection with
any of Licensee’s User Profiles solely for the purpose of performing editing
or correcting functions for Licensee; however, such third party must purchase
a separate Authorized User License to create his or her own User Profile.
For special exceptions, please contact your friendly neighborhood CES Professional!
Great upgrade opportunity! Effective immediately, users can no loner increase the activation count for DISCONTINUED versions of Dragon Medical @DragonTweets. Please contact your friendly neighborhood CES Professional with any questions.https://t.co/n9Lzrm2HGE pic.twitter.com/h3x8Iiqrnp
— Call Certified eSupport for Help With Dragon (@cert_e_support) February 27, 2019