Where Is My Dragon License?
The license, or serial number, is the alphanumeric code that you received with your original Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 software. During the installation of the program, you were required to enter it as part of the process. See more about Dragon serial numbers here.
At any time while you are running the Dragon Medical software, you can find this number by going to Help > About Dragon on the DragonBar.
This is a simple, effective way to find your license when you’ve misplaced it. By the way, it’s generally a good idea to have a digital copy of your DMPE 2 license key somewhere safe and easily accessible.
That Won’t Work for Me
But maybe you can’t get to the DragonBar, for whatever reason. This solution might be just what you need, then.
What follows are instructions on how to find the serial number in the registry.
The registry contains files vital to the operation of your computer. We strongly advise you not to make any changes while you are searching for your license.
Now that that’s out of the way, here’s what you do:
- Click the Windows [Start] button in the lower left corner of your screen.
- Type “regedit” in the “Search programs and files” box at the bottom. Press [enter].
- A “Registry Editor” window should appear. On the left-hand side are your registry file folders.
- Double click on each successive folder, until you get all the way down:
- Once you’ve clicked on Activation, look over on the right-hand side, under the “Name” column, for SerialNumber. In that row, you should see a number that begins with either “A709A” or “A789A.” This is your license/serial number.
- Copy the number down and close the Registry Editor.
That’s it. You’re all set to install Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 again.