Custom Word Lists in Dragon
In this post, we’ll explain how to import and export any words you might have added to your vocabulary in Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2. This only covers the procedure for the Windows version of the software.
Exporting Your Words
Custom words that are exported from one Dragon profile may be used in another, which makes this a very useful feature.
1 Start Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2
2) Go to Profile > Open User Profile to select the profile and vocabulary that contain the custom words you want to export.
3) Click Vocabulary > Export custom word and phrase list.
4) The “Export Custom Words” window will open. Give the custom word file a name and place it in an easy-to-find location.
5) Click [Save]. You have now created a .txt file of your custom words.
Importing Word Lists
To add a Dragon custom word list to your vocabulary:Locate the previously exported .txt file (see above).
1) Locate the previously exported .txt file (see above).
2) Open Dragon Medical
3) Click Vocabulary > Import list of words or phrases.
4) The “Import list of words or phrases” window will open. Click [Next].
5) Click the [Add File] button and navigate to the .txt Dragon custom words file you want to import. When you’ve found it, click [Open].
6) You’ll be taken back to the “Import list of words or phrases” window, where you should see your custom Dragon words file in the “File List” field. Click [Next].
7) Your words will now be added. Click [Next] to complete the process.
8) A summary of the number of words added will appear. Click [Finish].